Well I got someone yesterday asked why I have not posted in a week. Simple answer, nothing has happened worth reporting.
We are back in our home system and the second day back we had a K162 open and someone cleaned us out. All Sigs and all Anomolies. We have had 2 (or 3 with an inbound K162) sigs for almost 4 days now. This is unusual for a Class 2, as we are used to seeing a spawn rate of 1-2 Sigs per day.
To add insult to injury, our neighbors through the static D382 have been either as bad as our own, or actively being run. We have not found in the last 10 neighbors anything worthwhile. Last night was the biggest tease. Found the D382, warped through, found a POS but nobody home. Scanned down the 15 sigs and found 5 grav sites. Took about 30-45 minuites and when I warped back to the wormhole to take a short break and watch some TV with the SO, the hole had switched over to "End of Life". So that really limited what I could hope to do as I did not feel like tempting fate for more then an hour. So yet another limited night.
To top this current situation off, Min prices continue to fall and the isk available versus just high sec mining continuies to fall.
This really brings me to a decsion point on what I want to do.
1) Hang tight. Burn $8M isk a day in fuel and hope the simple reaction I am running offsets the fuel costs.
2) Import another Simple Reaction and rely on that to offset costs of fuel and wait for grav sites to appear again.
3) Pull out and reconsider W-Space all together
4) Pull out and go nomad and just rely on medium POS setup and chase class 1-3 systems for Grav sites alone
5) Pull out and move to a Class 4. Would not be able to run the combat stuff solo, but the main point of W-Space for us has always been Mining. I am fairly certain within a week or so I could find a Class 4 with static class 4.
6) Pull out and move to null sec. With the overwhelming need for indy types in Null sec this might be a tempting offer.
Anyway, random ramblings, but bottom line is I hate to sit here thinking of the fuel burning through the POS and nothing to do in our w-space home. It does suck.
Whatever Happened to Kirith Kodachi? - Last winter at work we had a Hackathon where we were given a day and a half of work time to build something, anything we wanted (preferably as an extension...
1 week ago