Thursday, August 4, 2011

I miss my Orca

For those of you who have followed the blog since early on will realize the "fun" I have had with my first Orca "Shamu".  I have twice been on the wrong side of a wormhole collapse with it, have had to pay a small fee twice to keep it from getting blown up (though I am not convinced the falcon pilot would have ever been able to crack its tank), and countless other adventures.  It has lived in C2, C3, C4 and C5 space, closed countless wormholes and been one of the most useful ships I have owned.  By far, I have probably logged the most hours in the ship the last year and half.

Now that I have settled into a nice C1, Shamu is sitting in High Sec, collecting dust, and helping only occasionally for logistics.

By far, the thing I like least about the C1 is the fact I cannot close holes easily (8 orca passes is so easy).  And I can not use my trusty Orca for logistics.

So while there are a lot of things to like about the C1, the fact I have to leave one of my favorite ships in High Sec is sad.

Too bad I can't tear it down and rebuild it in the C1.

Fly Safe,
Mick

No comments:

Post a Comment